party

Have you ever been a party where you just felt instantly at home and bummed when it ended?  Chances are, it was set up by someone who made sure some basic essentials were taken care of for you.  If you are new to being a host, have no fear.  You too can prevent a mid-party facepalm.  Whether it is a small night of board games, a barbecue, or a jivin’ dance party, there are a few easy things you can prepare to make your friends feel comfortable and happy all night long. Play Music    If you’ve ever been to a gathering without music, you’ve felt the strainRead More →

google hangouts logo

Greetings Geeks! It’s our favorite geeky time of the month again. Time for the staff of Game on Girl to get together and hangout. We are live on Sunday, February 21st at 2pm PST . We will be discussing our favorite geeky love stories amongst other topics. Have something you’d like to hear us discuss? Let us know in the comments! Until next time, get your geek on! Regina Regina McMenomyRegina is a gamer, writer, teacher, and podcaster living in the Pacific Northwest. She completed her Ph.D. in 2011 from Washington State University in Vancouver and continues to teach there part time. Regina’s research interests focusRead More →

I do a lot of socializing on social media – it became pretty important to me once I started working mostly from home. But I’ve had a hard time with many of my usual platforms because of different trends I’m seeing, not the least of which is too much re-sharing of posts. Sometimes I feel like everything is on repeat on social media. That’s usually when I boot up Instagram. I’ve worked hard at limiting the accounts I follow on Instagram. For me, it’s a smaller network and one I’ve designed to help me feel inspired. So, I thought I would share five accounts thatRead More →

google hangouts logo

Hey, you! Yes, you! Grab your Google account and hang on to your game controlers! Or keyboards if you PC game. This Sunday, we are hosting a live Google Hangout. Rhonda, Mark, Jerry, and I are going to get together to talk about the latest and greatest the geeky internet and media has to offer. There should be discussion about some hot movies and TV shows, season finales and such. We are hoping this can be a monthly occurance where the writers for the site and myself get together to talk about the latest news. We will have a revolving set of guests and maybeRead More →

stack of books

Recently, I was listening to the Nerdette podcast and came across an episode where the hosts interviewed Peter Sagal. I actually enjoyed the interview as a whole, but something Mr. Sagal casually said in the beginning irked me and, weeks later, still sticks in my craw. It came at the end of an explanation of how “nerds” these days have it so much easier than he did as a boy: “Guys, you’re not nerds; you’re fans, you’re enthusiasts.” What? Hold on a second. I have a huge problem with people denying others the right to claim the labels they wish to, be it nerd orRead More →

This year, a few of us from Game on Girl are joining in for some old time, festive fun. Along with the hosts from a few other RadioFUBAR shows, and actor Jim McKeny, we are performing “A Christmas Carol” as a LIVE radio play adapted by Anthony E. Palermo. So make sure to tune in Saturday, December 20th at 7pm CST at RadioFUBAR.com! Cast: Scrooge: Jim McKeny Narrator: Jessica Fah (In This Issue) +Peter +Fanny +Charwoman Marley: Jeremy Fah (In This Issue) +Guest 3 +Businessman 1 First Spirit: Pete Johnson (The Rue4matt, The Mr. Producer Show) +Guest 1 +Old Joe Second Spirit: Matt Ruefer (TheRead More →

We reach a significant milestone this week, dear listeners. 100 episodes of Game on Girl! Mark and Ryan join us to turn the tables and interview me and Rhonda about the last two years podcasting, our plans for the show and the site, and all the adventures in between. Would love to hear your thoughts on the show so far. We are so glad you’re listening! Let us know what you think of the episode in the comments and if you have any suggestions for the next 100! Until next time, game on! Regina & Rhonda & Mark & Ryan Regina McMenomyRegina is aRead More →

Hold on to your controllers and Doctor Who T-shirts! This week Mia and Omar from 2 Broke Geeks join us on the show! They are a featured vlog on the Geek and Sundry vlog channel. (How cool is that?!) We have a great conversation about vlogging, the evolution of 2 Broke Geeks, and of course, the standards in geek-fare: movies, TV shows, board and video games! Make sure to subscribe to their channel and to Geek and Sundry Vlogs so you never miss an episode! If you haven’t already done so, get your questions in for our 100th episode! Ryan and Mark will be interviewing me and Rhonda for this one. It’sRead More →

world of warcraft character

Hi! My name is Isabela and I’m the intern here at Game on Girl. I help out with some of the behind the scenes stuff on the site and with the podcast. My introduction to gaming was when I was eight, when my parents bought a Nintendo 64 for my brother. My younger brother and I obsessively played the three games we had: Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart 64, and Star Wars Episode I: Racer. I may be terrible at them, but I still get nostalgic playing racing games. I still have the ol’ gal and she still works great. The same can’t be saidRead More →

Well it is that time of year again! The Holidaze is upon us! This week writer Mark joins us for the show and we talk about a host of different items for gift giving this year. (Even if those gifts are to yourself!) Regina’s Recommendations High-Tech Wii U FitBit Wireless Activity Tracker in Midnight Blue   Low-Tech Rayman Legends – Available on Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii U Plants vs Zombies 2 – Now available on Android as well as iOS   No-Tech Cards Against Humanity 4th Expansion – Not a family friendly game! Marked – The first book in The House of Night series by P.C.Read More →