Yesterday, I gave this to my Valentine: There’s been a lot of buzz lately around the internets about how geek women need to prove themselves, spawned by the idea that there are a large number of women faking their interest in geek culture now that it has gained a larger, more mainstream sense of acceptance. We discussed this on a podcast I recently appeared on (the episode isn’t up yet) but for the most part I’ve avoided this debate because, honestly, I think it’s completely bogus. But yesterday, after I surprised my Valentine with this Star Wars themed heart and I thought about the StarRead More →

Hello Everyone, We have some exciting plans for Game on Girl in the very near future. Starting next week, we will have five new writers for the site. Hooray! <Kermit flail> As many of you know, Game on Girl started as the website to support my dissertation research and this year I launched the podcast to continue interviews and the conversations that started here. Now I want to take that vision a step further and bring in even more perspectives on gaming and game culture. Although each of the new writers will be introducing themselves in greater detail next week, I thought I would shareRead More →