Greetings, Gamers! Happy Friday! This is just a quick post to let you know about a few collaborations we’ve done here at Game on Girl and a change in our podcast posting schedule. First of all, I played some pretty lagtastic Orcs Must Die 2 with the fabulous Nananea! We planned on getting some gaming time together during her interview and it was great. It would have been even better if the Steam server wasn’t insisting on at least one of us being a pacifist, non-violent Orc lover. Not sure what that means? Guess you’ll have to watch the video and subcribe to her channel.Read More →

Yesterday, I gave this to my Valentine: There’s been a lot of buzz lately around the internets about how geek women need to prove themselves, spawned by the idea that there are a large number of women faking their interest in geek culture now that it has gained a larger, more mainstream sense of acceptance. We discussed this on a podcast I recently appeared on (the episode isn’t up yet) but for the most part I’ve avoided this debate because, honestly, I think it’s completely bogus. But yesterday, after I surprised my Valentine with this Star Wars themed heart and I thought about the StarRead More →

Hello Everyone, We have some exciting plans for Game on Girl in the very near future. Starting next week, we will have five new writers for the site. Hooray! <Kermit flail> As many of you know, Game on Girl started as the website to support my dissertation research and this year I launched the podcast to continue interviews and the conversations that started here. Now I want to take that vision a step further and bring in even more perspectives on gaming and game culture. Although each of the new writers will be introducing themselves in greater detail next week, I thought I would shareRead More →