A Gigawatt Jukebox themed playlist
From Rockabilly to Reggae, Movie Scores to Soul, our Gigawatt Jukebox is out of control. In true geek style, we submit a never-ending playlist that is not concerned with genre, popularity, or album release date.
Ah, Valentine’s Day… you either love it or hate it. For some, it may be the only day you ever receive much-deserved flowers or chocolates. For others, it is retail marketing abuse at its worst, guilting you into spending money frivolously. For me, the worst of it is turning the dial to find some nauseating local SAD.FM station belting out Celine Dion or Air Supply ballads. If that’s your jam, take the advice of Biff Tannen and “Make like a tree, and get outta here,” ’cause this is not the place for you today!
However, if you’d prefer to have some Valentine’s Day music that will make you smile rather than puke, we’ve got a playlist for you. The Gigawatt Jukebox is rocking everything from Huey Lewis to Beyonce to The White Stripes in one cohesive mix! Whatever your opinion of February 14th may be, we invite you to join us in a day of kicking back and jamming to some fun and rockin’ tunes truly celebrating love and life.
1. YOU MAKE MY DREAMS – DARYL HALL & JOHN OATES
2. THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL – MICHAEL JACKSON
3. WHY CAN’T THIS BE LOVE – VAN HALEN
4. ESCAPE – RUPERT HOLMES
5. CAUGHT UP IN YOU – .38 SPECIAL
6. WHAT I GOT – SUBLIME
7. EVERLONG – FOO FIGHTERS
8. I FEEL LOVED – DEPECHE MODE
9. THING CALLED LOVE – BONNIE RAITT
10. THE POWER OF LOVE – HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS
11. NOW THAT WE FOUND LOVE – HEAVY D AND THE BOYZ
12. JUMP – THE POINTER SISTERS
13. LET’S GET IT ON – MARVIN GAYE
14. IN YOUR EYES – PETER GABRIEL
15. I ALONE – LIVE
16. NO WAY NO – MAGIC!
17. FELL IN LOVE WITH A GIRL – THE WHITE STRIPES
18. MODERN LOVE – DAVID BOWIE
19. CRAZY IN LOVE – BEYONCE
20. INTERSTATE LOVE SONG – STONE TEMPLE PILOTS
What are your favorite anti-nausea songs? Let us know in the comments!