Ho Ho Holy Cow, I’m Late! Ever have one of those times you can’t quite figure out what to get someone and you’re crunched for time? The Procrastinators’ Purchasing Portfolio is our last minute gift guide to help you out in these uncertain gift giving situations. Isabela, the fearless intern, joins me and Rhonda to share some great gift giving ideas.
Let us know in the comments if you have any suggestions for our gift giving categories.
Until next time, game on!
Regina, Rhonda & Isabela
The Unexpected Guest
You have everything planned and prepared: food, decorations, music… Then you learn someone is bringing a new girlfriend, a college roommate, or an unexpected relative is in town. What can you buy to put under the tree with their name on it so they feel welcome?
Goes with everything
Lush fabric like cashmere
“Significant Other” starter kit
You may not know the new boy/girl friend but you know your friend. So the new interest can get to know your friend better give them your friends favorite movie or book.
Windowsill herb starter kit
For that Special Someone
You are a terrible gift giver. You always wait until the last minute because it stresses you out so much. What are some gift ideas that will keep you out of the doghouse?
Keurig K10 Mini Plus Personal Brewer
Lego Movie Lego Sets
On the Way!
You’re already on the way to the party and you’ve got to get one more thing to bring: a hostess gift, white elephant, etc. What can you do that is not a Walmart container of Christmas cookies?
Sparkling Cider, Olive Oil, Coffee Beans, or Tea
Playing Cards, Five Crowns, Novelty prints
Peppermint Patty kit – hot chocolate mix, peppermint schnapps, whipped cream, holiday sprinkles
For Those Far Away
Who ships at the last minute? Well, almost anyone if you’re willing to pay for it. Here’s what I found in my research. Shipping costs are almost always calculated when you go to check out and delivery times are always with asterisks.
- Shipping page, not a lot of detailed information on the page.
- Christmas ordering deadlines.
- Standard shipping options (have shipping charges):
- Standard = 4-5 days
- 2-day shipping
- 1-day shipping
- Prime accounts still have free 2-day shipping.
- Free standard shipping for orders over $35.00
- Shipping page
- They ship on Monday – Friday; no weekends.
- Standard shipping = 2 – 6 days ($7.00)
- All orders are subject to an additional 1 – 2 days processing
- Shipping upgrades shipped same day if ordered before 1:00 pm:
- Expedited = 2 – 3 days ($13.00)
- Express = 1 – 2 days ($25)
- Shipping page
- Free Standard shipping (3 – 5 days) if ordered by December 20
- Add 1 – 2 days processing before shipping times kick in
- Shipping upgrades, if ordered by 1:30 pm CST, Mon – Sat:
- Express = 1 day
- Premium = 2 days
- Shipping page
- Wonderful, unique gift ideas
- Free shipping for orders over $50.00
- Apply 1 – 3 days processing before shipping time kicks in
- 2-day and overnight shipping availble
Lock Picking tools
10-pc Hex Key Set (SAE)
One thing I know is that my allies and I had just obliterated the largest hoard of rabid zombies I have ever encountered and then suddenly ChiefWiggum49 and Haloismybitch12 decided to frag me!
– Ichabod Crane in “Sleepy Hollow”, Season 2, episode 6