In our sixth short episode, Rhonda and I talk about our avatars in celebration of a new feature on the website – an avatar gallery! Since so much of what we talk about is the creation process and choices gamers make about their avatars, we thought it was about time to have a space where we could actually see some of these examples. To start us off right, we share our own stories and some pictures of our favorite avatars.
Check out the episode to hear us discuss our own process in selecting and making avatars (I know – the D3 is cheating a little since it is a stock character build but look at that crown!)
Please submit your pics and a short description via email to email@example.com.
Here are the details about submissions:
- All images will be approved before posting.
- Please do not send nudity or sexual poses.
- Limit the background story for your avatar to 100 words. If you have a space where you could have a more detailed back story, please feel free to send us a link we can include in the gallery.
- Be careful about how much personal information you include; realize that it’s being published on the internet. Please feel free to include your Twitter handle if you would like to be identified that way.
- You can submit up to two (2) avatars with stories.
Keep in mind when you select your image that whatever the original size image you send us, it will automatically be minimized to a 200 x 200 pixel square to create a thumbnail for the gallery page. Users can click the thumb nails to see your full size, uncropped image. The narrowest width of your picture will be reduced to 200 pixels; the longest will be cropped to 200 pixels. There’s no reason for the images to be more than 72 dpi because you’re creating images for the web. We can take any of the typical formats: jpg, png, gif, or pdf. Please try to keep your images between 1 – 5 meg.
We cannot wait to see your avatars and hear their stories! Remember to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Like us on Facebook!
Until next time, Game On!
Regina and Rhonda